I just had an interesting IM chat with and SEO buddy of mine. He recently had an article on his blog that got dugg and brought a pile of traffic. Here’s the transcript slightly modified to protect his identity:
[13:36] xxxxxxxx: My first Digg got over 2000Diggs. ; )
[13:36] oilmanseo: yeah – that’s killer
[13:36] oilmanseo: they must not know you’re an seo
[13:36] xxxxxxxx: Can’t tell from my blog unless you actually read it. ; )
[13:37] oilmanseo: no fear of a digglet doing that LOL
[13:37] xxxxxxxx: Exactly.
[13:37] xxxxxxxx: I didn’t have any ads on the site and it’s a wordpress domain too.
[13:38] xxxxxxxx: Think that helped.
[13:38] oilmanseo: definitly
All this chat shows is more of what we already know about digglets and echo’s Dannys sentiments that digglets don’t bother to read anything before passing judgment.
So here’s 10 Things We Know About Digglets.
- digglets don’t like to read beyond the description – they’re the sound bite generation
- digglets like bulleted lists (the post mentioned above was a 10 Things kinda list
- digglets hate SEOs – so don’t have those letters anywhere near the content getting dugg
- digglets hate MS
- digglets love Apple
- digglets love most any flavor of Linux
- digglets don’t read well
- digglets count better than they read
- digglet traffic doesn’t covert
- digglets are generally left wing (watch out NRA)
ok digglets – digg me down.